In 1901 Mary C. Flynn, in what was then the “outskirts” of New York City, opened a Social Stationery Store at 43 East 59th St. It was housed on the ground floor of an elegant brownstone. In approximately 1940, Ms. Flynn sold the business to one of her employees. As more and more commercial businesses moved into the area, the partners expanded into commercial stationery, printing and copying services.
As the economy suffered, we, along with the many other small businesses across the country, were forced into untenable situations. As a result, after 110 years we had no choice, but to close our 59th Street location on January 7th 2011.
We at Flynn’s now begin the next chapter in our history. Although we no longer have a retail street presence and truly miss the face-to-face personal relationships that developed over the years, we look forward to continue serving our customers as the most dependable office experts in New York City!